You’ll come across some powerful foes in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. But one of the most challenging battles is the one with Goneril, who is one of the daughters of Lerion.
Battling the three daughters is a part of a hidden side quest you can do in Valhalla. You need to defeat all three of them to get pieces for the Thor’s armor set, along with some other loot.
Whether you came across this fight intentionally or unintentionally, there is no getting around the fact that Goneril is very potent.
How to Beat Goneril – Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
We will give you some pointers in order to help you beat her as easily as possible. However, it’s important to note that there isn’t a quick way or a foolproof way of defeating her.
But with these tips and pointers, you have the possibility to increase your chances of victory by a huge margin.
Follow these pointers in order to beat Goneril – one of the daughters of Lerion in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla:
- There are two phases of this fight, and the first one is surprisingly more difficult than the second. Nevertheless, you might have a different experience based on what power level you are or which skills you have.
- For the first stage I suggest dodging and blocking as much as possible.
- Don’t do more than one attack after dodging. Patience is key in this phase. Adopt the one dodge-one hit strategy. I can’t stress enough on how important this is.
- There are different attacks she will do. When she does an attack, she will light up in a certain way. IMPORTANT: When she lights up red, this is the time you should kindly move out of her way. Her “red” attack has the capacity to kill you with one blow. It’s the strongest attack that she will do.
- Close-range attacks are your go to in this battle, for both phase one and two. Don’t try to use ranged weapons.
- In this phase she will start emitting weird gasses. This will explode so make sure to not even come close to these.
- Dodge her phantom or teleporting attacks as much as possible, she might start using them much more at this point.
- Also, dodge the greenish circles that will appear in front of the gas bursts.
- If you can pin her down in phase two, then you can land a couple of strong attacks as a combination.
Follow these pointers that I have outlined, and you should be fine with fighting Goneril. Nevertheless, I would stress that your power level is important too, so make sure you are not such a low level that she kills you with one blow.