In Valhalla there are numerous legendary creatures which will eat you for dinner if you enter their den. One of them is the infamous Black Shuck, which appears to be a big angry wolf.
He does have a different attacking style than most legendary animals, so more caution is required to defeat him. His overpowered heavy attacks most of the time will come without warning.
However, there are ways you can increase your chances of slaying the Black Shuck.
Where is the Black Shuck Located?
When you haven’t explored an area in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, you will be prompted on your map and compass for legendary animals.
The Black Shuck is located in the southeast of East Anglia, and if you haven’t yet explored much of this location, then a blue dot will appear on your compass for Black Shuck.
However, if you are still having trouble locating him, then look at this reference map:
How to Defeat Black Shuck Underpowered?
Well, if you are underpowered, then your chances are very slim of slaying this creature. Nonetheless, it is possible it just takes a huge amount of effort.
If you are higher power level, then great, you have a much better chance to do it. There is no reason to do it underpowered because you don’t get anything out of it.
I suggest waiting a bit more until you reach a higher power level. But I understand that most players like the challenge, as well as I, and would like to play the game in the style of Dark Souls.
Here are the things I recommend for the fight:
- You will need a lot of rations so make sure to have a lot of those.
- However, when you are fighting the Black Shuck in the den, there are a lot of mushrooms that grow on the ground. So, use these to replenish health, and also use them before the rations.
- The attack mechanics we are familiar with in Valhalla, don’t apply to Black Shuck. I suggest close-range combat, but make sure to lower his stamina.
- Dodge as much as possible! When you dodge, you have time for one attack and one attack only. Don’t get too overexcited.
- Use armor that will give you the best evade scores. I’ve put all my runes for health, but you can do so differently, just make sure to put all the runes.
- Also, use a two-hand extended axe so that you have more length for attacks, and choose one that has the most speed.
That’s it! If you choose to challenge this powerful beast, may the god Odin battle with you. Try to avoid the wolf’s heavy attacks as much as possible!