There are many hidden interactions at the Blighted Village in Baldur’s Gate 3. Normally, I would suggest doing all these side missions and interactions, but I say don’t do this one.
You will help a very bitter gnome who will do nothing but be rude to you, even though you saved him. The rewards are far from anything special. Nevertheless, if you want to do it you can.
We will give you the right way of finishing Rescue the Gnome side quest, and we will tell you how to stop the windmill in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Baldur’s Gate 3 – Rescue the Gnome: Stop the Windmill
In the Blighted Village while walking close to the windmill you will notice a group of savage gnome raiders, shouting at the windmill.
On the windmill they’ve tied up a helpless gnome, resident of the Blighted Village. This is because they saw him walking with a big bag and wanted some of his items for themselves.
Nevertheless, this is how to rescue the gnome and stop the windmill:
- Initiate the quest firstly. You can do this by going to X: 10 Y: 416 in the Blighted Village. Look at the picture for reference:
- A dialogue will start and you will choose to argue with the goblin or leave him be. If you choose to save the gnome, I found that Intimidation worked for me.
- If you get a higher number in Intimidation, they will pack up their stuff and leave.
- To stop the windmill, go behind it and on the platforms for the moving gears should be a BRAKE lever, click it.
- Then go at the front and untie or leave the gnome, it’s up to you.
If you untie him, he will immediately associate your action with extorsion. You can choose to extort him or ignore him. If you ignore him, he will end up giving you his bag of valuables if you can find it. Trust me, it’s not worth the effort to search for it.
READ NEXT : Baldur’s Gate 3: What is Max Level