There are millions of hidden quests in Baldur’s Gate 3. There is considerable chunk of all of the quests which are either secret quests or side interactions.
However, don’t be fooled, that these quests don’t give exceptional rewards. In fact, most of the secret missions have better rewards equipment-wise than the regular quests.
There is a particular quest which promises this kind of loot, and it’s called Search the Cellar. That’s why we made this Search the Cellar guide.
Search the Cellar Guide – Baldur’s Gate 3
This mission can be quite difficult. Be advised, you need to have some strong characters if you want to endure Search the Cellar.
The enemies are very strong, and your decision-making has to be top-notch. You can find this quest in a book at the Blighted Village in the Whispering Depths.
This is the Search the Cellar guide:
- Search the Cellar Location
- To find the quest go to the Blighted Village at X: 25 Y:400.
- Interact with the well to go to the Whispering Depths.
- Once inside go to X: -496 Y: 366.
- There should be an Apprentice Pack, and inside the Apprentice journal, read it to start the quest.
- Find the Cellar
- Leave the Whispering Depths and go to X: 36 Y: 391 at the Blighted Village.
- Open the Shabby Wooden Doors.
- Once inside, at X: 35 Y:376 you should find a wooden hatch, open it.
- Investigate the Cellar
- At X: -703 Y: -355 break the boxes in the corner. Behind it a lever should appear, use it.
- The bookcase will move revealing a door, go inside.
- If you loot around in the coffins, enemies will emerge, eliminate them.
- Then loot the coffin at X: -667 Y: -314, read the Dark Journal inside.
- Find the Necromancer’s book
- Next objective will unlock, which would be to find the Necromancer book.
- Go to X: -654 Y: -344 and interact with the mirror.
- Intimidation didn’t work for me but try it yourself. The mirror might release floating balls which will blow up a few times and leave fire behind them.
- Move your camera to look at the room behind the mirror and then simply walk through it.
- When you are in the next room, blow up the rusted iron gate at X: -653 Y: -362.
- Inside, you will find the Necromancy of Thay book, put it in your backpack.
- You can either choose to destroy it or unlock it. This guide covers how to unlock it.
- Unlock the Ancient Tome
- Go to the Well again and enter the Whispering Depths.
- Get the Dark Amethyst item from X: -563 Y: -354. Be careful, there will be extremely potent enemies here. I used “Pass Without Trace” spell to sneak without fighting them.
- Open your inventory and read the book.
- Use the Dark Amethyst to unlock it, and finish your interaction.
There will be a boss of sorts in the Whispering Depths, you can choose to sneak here or defeat her. It’s the Phase Spider Matriarch and it gives you the Prisoner’s Robe if eliminated. If you choose to endure this quest, good luck!
READ NEXT : Baldur’s Gate 3: Search The cellar Guide