There are some issues with Cold War where you need all of your accounts to be linked to play the game. The game has an infinite loading error and a black screen issue sometimes, thankfully, there is an easy fix.
We have seen similar issues with Black Ops 3 back in the day and sadly the problems are still present today on their newest title.
That’s why we will share with you – how to fix infinite loading or black screen!
How to Fix Infinite Loading or Black Screen – Black Ops: Cold War
As I said, this bug is nothing new for the Black Ops franchise, or the whole Call of Duty franchise for that matter. In the past the error was more so a game error rather than a connectivity problem.
When it’s a game problem, the developers can easily pinpoint it and eradicate it. However, when it comes down to connectivity, they might run into roadblocks.
Nevertheless, until there is a proper patch, this is how to fix infinite loading and black screen in Cold War:
- Open Activision’s website in your browser.
- Log in. If you don’t have an account, create one.
- Now, go to Account Management.
- Click on Account Linking.
- From there link the account depending on which platform you play on. If you play on Xbox, then link your Xbox account, if you play through Battle.net on PC, then link that one, and so on.
- After that, restart your system.
- Start the game and voila!
Your game should start with no issues now. However, if the problem is persistent, then you should consider contacting Activision’s live support.
Even if you play on Battle.net or Steam, contact Activision and not the former. Nonetheless, this fix should work for both infinite loading and black screen. Good luck!
READ NEXT : How to Get Adler Skin in Call of Duty: Mobile