Many new games experience a lot of bugs, glitches, and issues when released. Most of the games collect data in the first few months of their release.
This is to test out the field, and to configure the game servers as optimally as possible. However, Black Ops: Cold War, has continually received complaints about lobby not joinable, and can’t play with friend errors.
Treyarch have no information about how to fix these issues, so we decided to swing at it ourselves.
Lobby Not Joinable, Can’t Play With Friends – Black Ops: Cold War
The lobby not joinable error typically occurs because of connection-related issues. Like I said, the developers haven’t said anything, except that we need to sit tight while they are working on a fix.
However, there are things you can do which will fix lobby not joinable for some:
- Restart the game. When you restart your game, a new connection to the server gets established. Resetting the connection can sometimes help with server issues.
- Try to switch your connection. In other words, if you play with LAN cable then switch to Wi-Fi or vice versa. With ethernet cable you will have better chances, but try with both.
- Reset your router. Whenever you experience connection issues like these, try resetting your router because the ISP connection gets configured differently.
If these do not work for you, then I’m afraid that you need to wait for the update from Treyarch. When I say don’ work for you it’s because in your location the issue may be more persistent based on your servers.
The second error can be fixed easily. If you can’t play with friends, try this:
- If you try to invite your friend to your party but they can’t join, add them as Activision friends. It’s not enough to have them as friends on either PS4 or Xbox One, you need to add them on your Activision account as well.
- However, if the first method doesn’t work then try to restart the game.
Games usually do this sometimes, when they don’t let players join a party, and like the first issue, it can be due to server related connection issues. Nevertheless, it’s a quick fix. Have fun!