The infamous Thermal Katana in Cyberpunk 2077 was a big selling point for this game. On top of being showed a couple of times in the trailer, anyone who has played this game knows that the Thermal Katana is one of the most unique and cool weapons in the game, if not the most. Apparently, there is a bug in the game with which you can get it free easily.
DISCLAIMER: For some reason, when you get it like this, the Thermal visual effects will not be shown, but the Thermal effects in combat will be the same. It will not glow, but it will emit heat from it.
How to Get Thermal Katana for Free – Cyberpunk 2077
The enemies that you will have to take down on this endavour won’t be that powerful, but make sure that you’ve played the game a bit to take them down.
Also, make sure to save the game before you do this, because you can either die from the NPCs, or you might not get it in a couple of tries.
It’s fairly straightforward, just follow this guide to get the Thermal Katana for free in Cyberpunk 2077:
- Go to Watson, Kabuki.
- Navigate to this spot on the map:
- Mimic the character placement on the picture, and look for a staircase. Make sure to SAVE the game here!
- Climb the stairs, turn around and go where the “So Strong It Blows” sign is. Continue forward and you will see some enemies.
- Start attacking them, and a NPC with a katana will teleport to you. Slay him and take his katana.
- Move away from the location, and the katana will be electrical. Nonetheless, equip it, and repetedly whip it out and put it away, until you see that it changes to the Thermal Katana.
Make sure to do this 15 times before reloading the save and trying again. Sometimes it won’t work, but you might get lucky and get it on the first try.
For now, this bug isn’t fixed, and according to some players from the community, this still works. It’s a bummer that the Katana is common though.
READ NEXT : Cyberpunk 2077: How to Get Cat