Curse of the Dead Gods is a reflex-heavy hack-n-slash game, that on the surface might appear to players as a Hades knockoff.
However, that can’t be further from the truth, because there is far more than it meets the eye. The curse and corruption mechanics add a certain flair to the game, something which Hades doesn’t have, but makes up for it in different mechanics.
The point is that the game is very reflex-heavy as I said, and you will have to be on top of your game to emerge victorious, hence why so many opt-in to use controllers.
Curse of the Dead Gods: Fix PS4 Controller
Playing the game on a mouse and keyboard is possible, but fairly difficult. Both on the surface and deep down, Curse of the Dead Gods seems to be a much more optimized game for controllers.
Nonetheless, the issue is that with the recent update, the developers fixed some major FPS issues, but now, PS4 controller players can’t use the controller to play the game. Why is this so?
Whatever the case is, there is a quick fix for it. To fix PS4 controller on Curse of the Dead Gods, do the following:
- Launch Steam and navigate to your library.
- Right-click the game and go to Properties.
- Go to the betas tab, then select EA_Launch_Version.
- Click OK and play on the game so that the game updates.
- Restart Steam and play the game.
For some, this might cause a lot of FPS issues. If that is the case, navigate to the betas tab an unselect EA_Launch_Version. Instead, try this:
- Click on Steam in the upper-left.
- Go to Settings and then Controller.
- Click on General Controller Settings.
- Make sure that you have PlayStation Configuration Support on.
At the moment, these are the only available fixes for this issue. Since this is a game/controller issue, chances are that it will get patched soon. Until then, you can enjoy the game with the PS4 controller by doing one of the methods above.
READ NEXT : Fix Valheim Camera Spinning