There are a lot of interesting things you can do in Baldur’s Gate 3. It’s a massive RPG game, with tons of mechanics. But did you know you can get a pet dog?
It doesn’t impact your story that much, but you can have a dog at your camp. As you know, recruiting plays a big role in Baldur’s Gate. You’ll have the chance to recruit a lot of NPCs and they’ll be situated at your camp. Getting the dog is on the same premise.
Let’s get to how to get a dog pet in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Baldur’s Gate 3: How to Get Dog Pet – Scratchy
Scratchy, the pet dog I’m talking about will have his owner slaughtered, and he will patiently wait beside him so that he is there when he wakes up.
Sadly, you’ll probably be the one which will break the news to him. However, he will still seem hesitant and will continue to wait for his beloved owner. Your choices will impact whether Scratchy comes with you.
Follow the steps bellow to ensure that you’ll be successful. This is how to get dog pet in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Go to the Blighted Village.
- Make sure you find a waypoint “Scratchy” on your map. Travel to that location, i.e. X: 79 Y: 474, in the forest near the village. You’ll find Scratchy there, but you’ll need a Potion of Animal Speaking so that you can interact with him.
- Drink the potion and interact. The next steps will be choices in interaction, follow them carefully.
- I used intimidation for the first one, but you can go with what you want.
- “I don’t think he’s going to wake up.”
- “Come on, you can travel with me if you like.”
- “If he doesn’t wake up, follow my scent. I have a camp.”
- Leave the area and go to your camp.
- End the day, and rest.
- When you wake up return to camp.
- You will find Scratchy in your camp!
Like I said, I don’t know how much difference it makes on the story-line if you get this dog, but I would imagine that it’s not that much. But still you can have a dog pet in Baldur’s Gate 3!
READ NEXT : How to Poison the Goblin Camp: Baldur’s Gate 3