There are very special items you can get from side or secret missions in Baldur’s Gate 3. In fact, most of the gear which good can be acquired from either strong enemies or secret missions.
Nevertheless, there is a particular secret quest which you can do, to get one of the strongest and most powerful helmets in the game. This quest is the “Protect the Myconid Circle” mission.
Without further ado, this is how to get Shadow of Menzoberranzan the rare helmet in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Very Rare Helmet: How to Get Shadow of Menzoberranzan
Apperantly, the monsters in the Ebonlake Grotto have come across this amazing item, and didn’t know what to do with it. What I mean is that, they’ve locked up the helmet in an impenetrable tree.
The only way to open the “tree” gate is by helping Spaw in the Ebonlake Grotto. This quest is pretty straightforward, although you will have to fight some strong enemies along the way.
Nonetheless, this is how to get Shadow of Menzoberranzan the very rare helmet in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Go to the Ebonlake Grotto. Usually achieved by descending into the Shattered Sanctum. You might need to solve the moon puzzle and use the Priestess key to get to this location.
- Once inside, go to X: 80 Y: -99.
- Talk to Spaw there. A weird interaction will ensue, talk to him until he gives you the objective to kill the Duergar by the lake.
- Follow the minion, he will take you to the Decrepit Village.
- Go to X: 9 Y: -191.
- Get ready for a fight! Defeat the Gekh Coal – Duergar Slave Hunter. He is level five with 52 health so be careful!
- Now you will have to report back to the mycoinids. Go back to Ebonlake Grotto, where you first spoke to Spaw.
- Tell him that the job is done, don’t ask him what he did with the corpse.
- Follow Brew now who will lead you to the treasure.
Once he opens the tree, inside you will find Shadow of Menzoberranzan the very rare helmet, along with other loot which won’t be anything special.
In fact, this is the location of a long-dead drow scholar. We don’t know if the mycoinids have killed him, or he died by something else. Chances are that the mycoinids are responsible for his death, but nevertheless, the very rare helmet is his. Good luck!