Operating your own fully-functional jet is a lot of responsibility. You have to know everything about everything because even the smallest details can have large influences on how you’re going to propel, fly or land your plane.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is no different. Setting your aircraft safely to the ground is still one of the most complex and hardest thing to do perfectly inside the game, so we decided to help you out. Even if you don’t know anything about altitudes and such, you can be a great pilot. Here is how!
How To Land Your Plane
- Know your controls. It’s obvious, but it’s also really important to know what each of your buttons do before even taking a flight. That includes wheels, brakes, switches and camera angles for constant clarity.
- Familiarize yourself with the map. Knowing your environment can be a huge boost to your navigating skills, so having a clear A to B destination path is always good.
- Get into a position for landing. Keep in mind that when approaching the airport, you need to face your plane towards the landing field.
- When you’re in a good distance from your arriving spot, point the nose of the aircraft down and begin decreasing the throttle. You may even turn it off completely and just glide the plane through the air.
- Aim for the wide middle and clear spaces. A few seconds before landing just pull back a little while your plane hovers over the runway. You must hold this position for a bit of time and eventually you’ll touch the asphalt. Then hit the brakes and slow down.
Congratulations, you’ve managed to land a plane! Remember that everything is made perfect with practice and you must repeat the process over and over to learn it better.
And if you having trouble don’t worry – here is a video guide that will help you in detail. Happy flying!
READ NEXT : Can you play flight simulator 2020 on xbox