Game launcher these days are prone to some issues when it comes to download and install. Steam is no exception, and sometimes, your download speed might be stuck at zero.
Since this is a common issue that has been around for quite some time, many people have found ways to fix it. In some cases, the download might appear stuck and be at zero download speed, but actually, the launcher is unpacking the files while downloading them.
If that is the case, then that shouldn’t last for more than 15 minutes. However, if it does, then you might have an issue with your download.
How to Fix Download Speed Stuck at 0 – Steam 2021
There are a couple of things you can do to fix this problem. But first, I would recommend that you use an ethernet cable for your connection if you’re already using Wi-Fi. Also, try to exit and launch Steam again and see if that fixes the issue, since that is the most common fix.
Chances are though, that the issue runs deeper than that. So, to fix the download speed stuck at 0 on Steam, try the following things:
Turn Off Automatically Detect Network Settings
- Press the Windows + R keys at the same time.
- Type in “inetcpl.cpl” and click enter.
- Navigate to the Connections tab and click on LAN Settings.
- Make sure to turn off “Automatically Detect Settings” and click OK.
- Click OK again.
Try to download on Steam again to check whether this made any difference. If not, navigate to the second method.
NOTE: Exit out of Steam completely, while trying any of the fixes in this list.
Clear Download Cache
- Open Steam, and then click on Steam (top-left) > Settings.
- Click on Downloads to get to that menu.
- At the bottom, there should be “Clear Download Cache”, click it.
- Try downloading again.
Sometimes the issue might be still persistent. For those cases, try to reset your network adapter, follow the steps below.
Reset Network Adapter
- Go to your Control Panel.
- Open up Network and Sharing Center.
- On the left, click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click your connection and click disable.
- Wait for a bit, then right-click and enable.
Most of the time, resetting your network adapter is the most common ways that players fix the stuck download speed on Steam. If nothing mentioned works for you, then contact Steam for more assistance.
READ NEXT : Steam: How to Have YouTube Videos on Profile