Valheim encourages you to explore your creativity. As complex as the building mechanics are in Valheim, there is no doubt that it is quite fun to make some amazing and beautiful structures. Nonetheless, sometimes, that might be very difficult. There is just so much that needs to be taken into consideration when building in Valheim. The good news is that you can easily learn how to build like a pro in this game.
Rules like structural integrity, shelter from harsh weather, roofing systems, and many other stuff comes into play. Still, many aren’t aware of how they can build a simple basement.
How to Build a Basement – Valheim
The main issue when building a basement is how to start. Do you start before building your whole house or after? Can you build a basement once your house is finished?
In all honesty, you can do it both ways, but it is fair to mention that the latter is much more effective. The reason being is because you have a much more clear idea of how big and how tall your basement should be, and also its opening.
So, let’s get down to business, follow these tips to build yourself the perfect basement in Valheim:
- Start once you have your shelter/hut/house already built.
- Remove some of the floor pieces, whip out your pickaxe and start digging down.
- Dig down to a height which you feel is enough for your basement.
- Start digging all of the ground that is directly around your house. Dig as much square footage as your house is. This is because you will need to continue the walls from your house to the basement.
- Once you have dug a big hole that is approximately as big as your house, start leveling the ground and placing the wall pieces. Extend the wall pieces from the ones on your house.
- Place flooring. Also, make sure to place some vertical beams to support the floor pieces in your house!
That’s it! You might run into some issues when building the basement, as this is still Valheim. However, once you get the hang of it, it is actually relatively straightforward.