Like with any game, the newest installment by Ubisoft, the Watch Dogs Legion, has its issues as well. Sometimes players might experience crashing, freezing, and general launching error on PC.
Until these issues get eradicated by Ubisoft, or if they ever get mitigated, you can try to fix them yourself. Worry not, because it’s fairly straightforward to do, you don’t necessarily have to be a computer wizard to do so.
Fix Crashes, Freezes, and Launch Errors on PC – Watch Dogs Legion
The methods that we will mention below will work for any of the aforementioned problems. Make sure to try all of them, and even if your game gets fixed, these are a common practice so it’s worth do them regardless.
These are all the methods to fix these problems:
1. Run as Administrator
- Go to your game’s folder – Right-Click > Properties > Open File Location.
- Right-click the main .exe file for the game.
- Click Run as Administrator.
- If you are asked whether you are sure, click yes.
If this doesn’t solve the issue, try the second method.
2. Verify Game Files
- Go to the Ubisoft interface.
- Click on Watch Dogs Legion.
- At game install location, select the game’s path and click Verify Files.
Because some errors might occur because of poor installations, make sure to try this option.
3. Update Graphic Card Driver
- Whether you are an nVidia user or something else, go to the corresponding card official website.
- Input your Video Card model and check for updates.
- Install the newest driver.
4. Update Windows
- Open Start menu and search for “Windows Update.”
- Click Check for Updates.
- If it’s not up to date, make sure to update it.
If all else fails, it’s time to consider reinstalling the game. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Uninstall the game, either from the Ubisoft interface or Add or Remove Programs on Windows.
- Download the game from the Ubisoft interface.
These are all of the known methods of fixing the above-mentioned common issues. We can expect some of the bugs and errors be patched soon enough, but it can be highly unlikely.
What I want to say is that these kinds of problems are not easily fixable by the developers, as they can be a user error rather than a problem with the game.
READ NEXT : What Are the Best Recruits in Watch Dogs Legion?